Saturday, November 21, 2009

Amazon's CreateSpace adds author services!

When I entered the field of self-publishing, I used the services of a self-publishing company to publish my book Game Strategy and Tactics for Basketball. I self-published an additional thirteen books doing all the work of creating the book myself and then publishing them with CreateSpace.

Most of the books I published using this method were not really meant to be sold directly to customers, either via my website or Amazon.com, but rather were meant to be items that I gave away as part of the price of admission at coaching clinics I speak at. Given the purposed for which they were published, POD and CreateSpace were perfect.

I also self-published a book about using CreateSpace and to my surprise, Self-publishing with Amazon's CreateSpace: A Resource Guide for the Author Considering Self-publishing, has sold a reasonable number of copies.

Since the publication of Self-publishing with Amazon's CreateSpace, Amazon has added author services to the services provided by CreateSpace. The services offered range from a variety of levels of editing, book layout and design and marketing services. The prices were in line with the first self-publishing company I used and in some instances were slightly lower.

Within the author services CreateSpace offers there are different levels of service provided with corresponding levels of pricing. CreateSpace also offers a variety of packages of services bundled together with discounts in pricing if the author purchases the services as a package rather than separately.

While I have not used any of these services yet, my next book is nearly finished. This book is intended to be sold on Amazon.com and I want it to look as professional as my first book, Game Strategy and Tactics for Basketball. I have been so pleased with my experience with CreateSpace in the past that I intend to use some of the author services now offered to publish my next book. Once it is in print, I will discuss my experiences using these new author services.

If you are interested in learning about using CreateSpace or my experiences as a self-published author who used CreateSpace to publish, you may want to take a look at my book Self-publishing with Amazon's CreateSpace: A Resource Guide for the Author Considering Self-publishing.





No comments:

Post a Comment