Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Do It Yourself Kindle Conversions - Word to Kindle Books

With more and more content becoming published in digital format, if you want to self-publish you need to make your books and content available in ebook form. The King of the eBook Market right now is clearly Amazon's Kindle.

For many of us who self-publish, cost is a major consideration. Learning to create our own Kindle books that look as good and function properly like Kindle books designed and produced by professionals is a valuable skill to acquire.

Aaron Shepard, one of the industry leaders in the field of self-publishing, has released the third book in his series on Kindle Publishing using Word to create Kindle books. 

The third, and probably final, book in the series is HTML Fixes for Kindle. Here is the book description in Aaron's own words:

According to Amazon, the simplest way to publish your Kindle book is to upload an HTML file you've saved from Microsoft Word or another word processor. By itself, that method can bring you maybe 80% of the way to a well-formatted ebook. But what about the other 20%?


In this follow-up to his bestselling From Word to Kindle, Aaron Shepard takes your exported HTML as a starting point and tells how to quickly tweak and tune it to avoid common problems. Assuming no knowledge of HTML, he introduces the basics of the language, then reveals how to use find-and-replace and macros to touch up an entire book in seconds!


If you’re serious about Kindle publishing and you’re technically inclined—but not a full-fledged geek—Aaron provides the tips you need to bring your Kindle book to the next level, making it something truly to be proud of. 

The second book in the series is Pictures on Kindle.