Sunday, January 24, 2010

Becoming a self-publisher

I have written a total of 14 books.  I used Dog Ear Publishing, an author services company for one of those books.  As I have mentioned in earlier posts, Dog Ear did a good job and the only complaint I have is the length of time it takes for me to find out directly from Dog Ear exactly how many copies of Game Strategy and Tactics for Basketball have sold. The other 13 books, including Self-Publishing with Amazon's CreateSpace, have been published by CreateSpace.  I did all the work for those books but because I used the free ISBN provided by CreateSpace, I am not the publisher of record.

That will all change this March if all goes well.  My next coaching book, The Game of Basketball: Basketball Fundamentals, Intangibles and the Finer Points of the Game for Coaches, Players and Fans, is already listed on Barnes & Noble.com since I own the ISBN for this book.  The book will be printed using POD printing by either CreateSpace or Lightning Source depending on the outcome of my application to become a client of LSI.

Regardless of which company prints the book, when it finally becomes available for sale, I will be able to call myself a self-published author in the truest sense of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment